NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Technical Director will prepare effects/transitions and operate a production switcher to provide a complete program of multi-layered video sources with graphical effects live for air.
• Build and organize switcher effects, snapshots, transitions and specialty wipes
• Prepare and route video and audio sources
• Switch live, fast-paced Sports oriented programs per Director's instructions
• Help provide solutions for studio, and control room production needs
• Test and prepare television technical operations systems and equipment for use
• Work closely with Operations Management and Engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting client's expectations
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable company policies
• Provide support for additional projects as assigned
• Minimum 5 years of experience using production switchers, DVE's, graphics devices, DDR's, electronic routers and patch bays
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a live sports production control room environment.
• Must be available for all shifts (weekends and holidays); requires flexibility with last minute schedule shifts and a requirement to work overtime, as needed
• Ability to think quickly, communicate well and keep pace with fast moving shows
• Strong client service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment
• Knowledge of live news TV production processes
• Previous experience with INews systems
• Advanced PC computer skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Equipment knowledge desired: Sony MVS9000X 5 ME HD Switcher, Ross Tria DDR, Miranda KX-16 Multi Image Processor, EVS XS Spot Box, Evertz Equinox, Routing System, Telex Communication System, Vista Spyder X20, Simply Live, Ross Expression
• Must be available for all shifts, including weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x8ym-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.