QA Engineer Br
San Francisco, CA
The NBCUniversal Local Technology & Operations department provides Technical Support, Engineering, Media Operations, Production, Studios and Facilities services for internal clients of NBCUniversal Local in the Bay Area and California. The Technology team has responsibility for partnering with our local & division teams to build, deploy and support the technical systems used at NBCUniversal Local's businesses that include the local NBC broadcast network and Telemundo.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Systems Engineer is a full-time position within the Technology & Operations Department that will be primarily responsible for helping support users and systems within our mission critical enterprise IT environment that brings fans the Warriors, Giants, Sharks and other Bay Area sports teams on TV and online. The role requires that you possess the necessary self-discipline to take ownership and responsibility for delivering high quality service and technical solutions, in the fast-paced environment of live sports and related live programming considering both business and technical needs of all customers. You will be part of a talented team of technologists that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering internal customer-oriented solutions, mission critical infrastructure, and ensuring the highest levels of availability and performance.
• Being a ''hands on'' technologist dedicated to help us win by learning our business processes and helping support users, mission critical media and IT systems, projects and new initiatives.
• Work with internal / external Technical Support teams to ensure timely resolution of customer requests and issues.
• Be part of the team that ensures fans can see their favorite Bay Area sports team play their games.
• Provide troubleshooting & support for users, applications, systems, and infrastructure.
• Learning our business processes and developing understanding of workflows related to all broadcast systems including linear and IP fabric for video infrastructures, virtualized Windows & Linux environments, encode / decode platforms, newsgathering tools, NLE, Media Asset Management systems, distribution / transmission systems and other workflow tools.
• Work with larger Technology team to help evaluate, test and install upgrades to all platform operating systems, applications, and hardware
• Awareness of risks/issues with adds and changes to mitigate potential system impact.
• Participate in the testing, installation and configuration of new technology.
• Follow system documentation for operational and troubleshooting purposes.
• Produce work that is consistently professional, reliable and detail oriented.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
• Experience in supporting technology and applications used in mission critical business operations
• Hands on experience with support of Windows and Mac OS
• Demonstrated knowledge of networking fundamentals
• Demonstrated knowledge of server virtualization and related Windows / Linux server OS
• Ability to read and follow system documentation (Visio, ACAD).
• Positive work ethic, ability to work well in groups to help execute projects on time and on budget while meeting customer expectations.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse audiences across different departments, ranging from non-technical clients to technical professionals and operations staff.
• Understanding of standard engineering processes such as change control and agile development concepts.
• Must be keen to learn and develop new skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent organization, collaboration and communication skills.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds of gear
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Prior media experience is a plus.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v0en-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.