Support Specialist, Partner Care (Interface) - NBC Sports Next
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We're a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we're fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what's Next.
We are looking to fill a Support Specialist position on our Partner Care Support team. Our Team is responsible for consulting on all matters regarding our technology solutions which Partner Golf Courses use to successfully run their businesses. This role will provide helpdesk support for internal and external users. Works with various technology vendors, golf course IT staff, and our sales team to reduce overall down time and expedite the completion of various technology related requests.
• Provide a precise and timely resolution for requests submitted by our internal teams and external clients
• Assist in providing day-to-day Level 2 support for all aspects of the services related to remote tee sheet interfaces, core website issue resolution, new course additions, and general system troubleshooting.
• Ensure that all aspects of the service are documented, and that existing documentation is kept up to date
• Proactively look for preventative initiative to reduce total support and monitoring needs
• Respond quickly to any support issue and or outage related to our support queue
• Keep up-to-date knowledge of GolfNow.com/TeeOff.com, our internal inventory management system, our admin system and interface architectures
• Detail-oriented with a passion for problem solving and customer service
• Maintains positive working relationships with sales team, operations staff, tee sheet vendors, and internal technology staff
• Provide user acceptance testing of new website related products and services
• 2-5 years working in a technical/software help desk environment
• Basic understanding of networking, TCP/IP, and server operating systems
• Prior experience supporting software programs running SQL databases.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills related to software installation, deployments, network and local and remote security systems
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, preferably MS Excel and Access.
• High energy individual with polished organizational skills that seeks to take ownership
• Ability to rapidly learn and demonstrate competence with new technologies/software applications.
• Effective cross-functional team player that can collaborate with Operations, Product, Technology, Sales & 3rd party vendors
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• College degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• IT certifications desired: A+, Network+, MTA
• Prior experience with EZLinks/GolfNow software or supporting central reservation/point of sale software.
• Familiarity with SalesForce.com strongly desired
• Knowledge of golf preferred. Previous experience with golf and technology products strongly desired
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL in a hybrid capacity
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzj192-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.