The Senior Financial Analyst participates in the day-to-day operations of the Sports FP&A team and will assist in a wide range of finance and accounting matters for the Sports Group. It is a key position on the NBC Sports FP&A team and interfaces with multiple operators and teams internally within the Sports Group as well as within various NBCU finance teams.
Reporting to the Manager, FP&A, this role is responsible for planning and reporting financial results for the national sports properties including Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, PGAT, Premier League, Notre Dame, IndyCar, US Open, and other premier sports properties and partnerships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in scheduling/planning all financial processes (close, estimates, and budget) for the National Sports properties across scheduling, research, ad sales, marketing, and production finance.
• Support the Sports operational finance team in all aspects of planning processes, budgeting, and monthly pacing, including analyzing key metrics and overall trends
• Ownership of all Sports rights payments, ~$3B annually.
• Partner and communicate regularly with internal Sports departments to develop and adhere to annual budgets and forecasting processes
• Support Manager, FP&A in preparing all TV&S and Corporate FP&A data request submissions on behalf of National Sports P&L, gathering and consolidating information from various sources
• Ownership of National Sports marketing budget. Partner with Marketing leaders to allocate spend, while providing insightful metrics and ad hoc reporting as needed.
• Key contributor to the monthly and quarter close processes including posting close journal entries, monitoring and validating balances, preparing account reconciliations and investigating variances to prior period
• Partner with Controllership team on key processes and financial initiatives
• Prepare and provide quarterly and ad hoc financial analyses to VP, FP&A and Sports Group CFO as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Minimum two (2) years finance, accounting / audit experience
• Experience with general ledger and financial budgeting/pacing models
• Proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
(note job #)
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Preferred: previous experience in a media company
• Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
• Knowledge and working experience using SAP, or similar accounting software
• Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9x9oz-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.