The Sr. Director of Product, Sports Gaming will be responsible for the planning and execution of NBC Sports free-to-play and live-betting product roadmap. they will drive live-gaming initiatives across multiple departments and partners to dictate requirements, set timelines and oversee deliverables. They will also be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of our customer acquisition strategy, developing new games and features that improve performance. Attention to detail and exceptional communication skills will be the keys to success in this fast-paced environment.
In undertaking the main responsibilities of the role, the Sr. Director of Product will;
• Ideate, deliver and improve products for the NBC Sports Gaming business, including the Predictor app and future free-to-play and betting applications.
• Create new games that increase user participation and convert free-to-play users into paying customers.
• Direct designers and product managers in the gathering and documenting of detailed requirements for design, development and implementation.
• Work closely with our official betting partner to generate customer acquisitions for their platforms.
• Work with our business and legal teams to comply with sports-betting regulations for the US market and within each state.
• Collaborate with content and production teams across NBC Sports to enhance our experiences with their content and data.
• Oversee vendor relationships to ensure resources are fully utilized and services are optimal.
• Understand the key technological and architectural components of our products to recommend solutions and drive development efforts.
• Exhibit a data-driven approach in the recommendation of new and enhanced products and features to improve the customer experience.
• Manage and track project timelines and schedules to ensure components are delivered on-time.
• Ensure quality and accuracy of all deliverables.
• Keep apprised of product, category and industry trends.
• Identify innovative product opportunities to grow our business.
To be considered for the role, candidates must be able to demonstrate;
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Minimum of 7 years of product management experience, preferably in mobile and/or connected apps.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in sports media or interactive gaming products.
• Ability to analyze strengths/weaknesses of, and propose improvements for, a gaming user journey.
• Ability to drive customer acquisition through engagement.
• Knowledge of connected platforms (OTT, Roku, Samsung, Xbox, Amazon Fire), UX guidelines, design language and interface design is beneficial.
• Knowledge of Sports Betting and Fantasy Sports terminology and industry trends.
• Adeptness in developing product plans that generate usage and revenue.
• Familiarity with Drupal.
• Experience using JIRA.
• Ability to generate wireframes and page/process flow diagrams.
• An understanding of API functionality.
• Experience practicing agile/scrum product development methodologies.
• Experience accessing and analyzing Adobe analytics.
The successful candidate will have the drive to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to demonstrate an approach which conveys;
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills
• Strong planning and analytical skills
• Passion about data-rich, interactive experiences and emerging products
• A desire to continually grow and learn
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3n64-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.