Front End Designer
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Software Engineer to join our Platform Operations team. The Platform Operations team builds and supports the core platform infrastructure that runs the SportsEngine Platform services and SAAS Products. This position spans multiple skill sets, from Software Developer to Web Operations to Security Engineer. Our platform-driven approach means defining and standardizing organizational best practices, and then building them into our Kubernetes-based infrastructure platform. This role is located in Minneapolis but we are open to remote applicants.
As a member of the Platform Operations team at SportsEngine, you will...
• Ensure the SportsEngine platform is up and running smoothly while serving a large amount of traffic.
• Use Amazon Web Services to build highly available services for the SportsEngine infrastructure platform built on top of the Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service.
• Help foster a culture of cooperation, coordination and continuous learning within the Platform Operations Team and with other Product Development Teams throughout SportsEngine.
• Work closely with SportsEngine Cyber Security Team to maintain and improve the security of the SportsEngine Platform .
• Contribute to and use our GitHub Pull Request- centered development pipeline as we continuously deliver value to our customers.
• Use and build tools like Newrelic and Datadog to monitor the health of the SportsEngine platform
• Be an advocate for quality code and engineering practices that enable Continuous Delivery.
• Join the 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Have a team-oriented attitude and seemingly endless intellectual curiosity.
• Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
• Have a deep respect for your craft and want to learn how to build and run software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• A desire to learn and grow your career into the field of Cloud based Infrastructure Platforms like Kubernetes, and Serverless.
• 1 to 3 years of experience in the field of Software Engineering either:
Operating high traffic web applications in a Site Reliability Engineering, Web Operations, or Cloud Engineering capacity.
• Experience troubleshooting SAAS based production systems in an incident response capacity.
• Experience with any of the following: infrastructure as code (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, or similar), datastores (Mysql, Redis, ElasticSearch), or data streaming (SNS/SQS, Kinesis)
• Comfortable advocating for proactive approaches to solving engineering challenges
The SportsEngine technology stack consists of: