New York, NY
NBC Sports Group, a division of NBC Universal, is hiring a Software Engineer II to join our FinTech team.
The FinTech group specializes in bringing the financial lifecycle of various NBC Sports properties together as one, across all of their payment processing and management needs. We extend these capabilities to outside services: youth sports organizations, subscription services, and golf facilities around the world. We provide only the best equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to know each day that you truly made a difference in the lives of sport participants around the world.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
• Develop highly interactive, user friendly, and feature rich applications.
• Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Quality - Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy applications.
• Constantly use best practices by building APIs, creating and maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously delivering by merging/releasing consistently to the mainline branch.
• Complete complex tasks with minimal amount of oversight or supervision.
• Occasionally plan, design, and estimate software engineering efforts.
• Discuss design and architecture with other engineering teammates.
• Contribute towards evolving the application architecture.
Our Technical Stack
• Angular (with TypeScript)
• Git, TFS
• MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL
• Linux, Windows
• Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Serverless
• 3 or more years professional software development experience in c#.
• 2 or more years professional software development experience in MS SQL or T-SQL equivalent.
• Experience in a collaborative team environment .
• Experience working in a continuous integration environment.
• Ability to write high-quality, modular, maintainable, and secure code.
• Experience with testing best practices, including unit and integration tests.
• Ability to work well within a team environment and be self-starting and self-sufficient.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience.
• Experience with processing payments in a high-volume environment.
• Experience with payment facilitation integration (stripe / world pay).
• Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
• Experience with RESTful APIs and HTTP protocols.
• Exhibits a deep respect for the craft, and values building software sustainably by using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• Experience with object-oriented design, ability to apply software patterns, and consuming event-driven applications using REST APIs within a microservice architecture.
• Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with other teammates of different software disciplines and technical skill sets.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6njw0-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.