New York, NY
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Software Engineer (with a passion for front-end development) to join our Members and Rosters Engineering Team. This role is open to remote applicants. Applicants in the Minneapolis area have the option of working out of our Minneapolis office space. We strive to have a remote and hybrid friendly work environment, giving our employees the flexibility to choose what works best for them.
As a Software Engineer (Front-End) on the Members and Rosters Team you will...
• Focus on front-end platform level development efforts that will have a significant impact for our end-users through enhancing our Front-End Engineering experience at SportsEngine.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as UX designers, and other software engineers to develop effective design patterns and techniques that can be replicated across SportsEngine's portfolio of products.
• Build and maintain reusable application components using TypeScript, Angular, and SCSS for SportsEngine's internal UI Component Library.
• Develop in a Continuous Delivery environment where you will ship code to production daily.
• Support strategic initiatives to reduce front-end technical debt and developer friction to ensure the SportsEngine platform is modern, fast, and delightful to work with.
• Write modular and maintainable code, complete with unit tests.
• Work with other software engineers, both front-end and back-end, through code reviews and pair programming.
• 1+ years of professional front-end or full-stack experience building web applications for a variety of browsers and platforms including desktop, tablet, and mobile environments.
• Ability to write high-quality, modular, maintainable, secure and testable code.
• Familiarity with testing best practices including unit and integration tests.
• Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment using Git and GitHub Pull Request workflows.
• Knowledge of TypeScript, Angular and Webpack.
• Experience building accessible web applications.
• Experience in a continuous delivery environment.
• Exhibit a deep respect for building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is awesome, but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d298xm-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.