NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We're a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Content & Communications Team you will...
• Write modular and maintainable code, complete with unit tests, using Ruby, Rails, Typescript and Angular.
• Build new systems and iteratively improve our features and existing systems in the Content and Communications domains of the SportsEngine platform.
• Maintain a legacy Rails monolith system as we continue to move towards a service oriented architecture.
• Develop in a Continuous Delivery environment where you will ship code to production daily.
• Provide technical leadership to the team through solution analysis, design, code reviews and pair programming.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as Software Engineers, QA Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers.
• Leverage metrics and data to drive decisions across the team.
• Design, document and build APIs.
• 5 or more years of experience as a Software Engineer.
• Significant Ruby on Rails experience.
• A strong foundation in modern coding practices and the ability to write quality, modular, maintainable, secure and testable code.
• Exhibit a deep respect for building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment using Git and GitHub Pull Request workflows.
• Experience in a continuous delivery environment shipping code on a daily basis.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is awesome, but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm5px-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.