Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our Content & Communications Team. This role is a unique opportunity to join a team that ships code on a daily basis, while iteratively improving the core systems that power the SportsEngine platform. This role is open to remote applicants. Applicants in the Minneapolis area have the option of working out of our Minneapolis office space. We strive to have a remote and hybrid friendly work environment, giving our employees the flexibility to choose what works best for them.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Content & Communications Team you will...
• Write modular and maintainable code, complete with unit tests, using Ruby, Rails, Typescript and Angular.
• Build new systems and iteratively improve our features and existing systems in the Content and Communications domains of the SportsEngine platform.
• Maintain a legacy Rails monolith system as we continue to move towards a service oriented architecture.
• Develop in a Continuous Delivery environment where you will ship code to production daily.
• Provide technical leadership to the team through solution analysis, design, code reviews and pair programming.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as Software Engineers, QA Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers.
• Leverage metrics and data to drive decisions across the team.
• Design, document and build APIs.
Qualifications and requirements:
• 8 or more years of experience as a Software Engineer.
• Significant Ruby on Rails experience.
• A strong foundation in modern coding practices and the ability to write quality, modular, maintainable, secure and testable code.
Desired characteristics and experience:
• Exhibit a deep respect for building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment using Git and GitHub Pull Request workflows.
• Experience in a continuous delivery environment shipping code on a daily basis.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is awesome, but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yx6e-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.