SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We strive to have a remote and hybrid friendly work environment, giving our employees the flexibility to choose what works best for them. With that said, we are located in the Minneapolis area but this role is also open to remote applicants. Our ideal candidate has 8 or more years of strong technical experience in a collaborative team environment delivering scalable, secure and highly available systems. In this role you will be at the center of driving the architectural and technological direction of SportsEngine. Our teams continue to strive for autonomy and data driven decision making.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission, but have a passion for craftsmanship. We're one of Minnesota's Top 100 Companies to Work For, provide only the best facilities and equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to go home each night knowing you truly made a difference in the lives of sports volunteers around the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will...
- Design scalable, performant, secure and highly available systems.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to engineers through code reviews and pair programming.
- Develop in a Continuous Delivery environment where you will potentially ship code to production daily.
- Write modular and maintainable code with unit tests.
- Implement strategies for standardizing design patterns across the SportsEngine platform to accelerate development velocity across the team.
- Own your work, leave it all on the field
-Help influence and prioritize work toward efficient iterations
-Be part of a cross functional team and participate in all facets of the SDLC
- Produce schematics and diagrams
- Identify common bottlenecks and blockers, advocate for mitigation
- Help engineering and product leadership to expand high-level strategies into actionable work
- Prioritize and reduce technical debt and developer friction to ensure the SportsEngine system is modern, fast, and easy to work with.
- Provide recommendations and advocate for best practices including testing, code quality, operations, frameworks, tooling and performance.
- Work with other engineers through code reviews and pair programming
- Help spec, implement and review usage metrics to understand and prioritize work on our systems
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a software engineer.
- 6+ years experience with Ruby / Rails
- 4+ years experience with MySQL
- Experience with our primary stack including Ruby, Rails, Linux, Amazon Web Services, TypeScript, Git and MySQL.
- Experience in the finance realm (payment processing, accounting, etc)
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment
- A love of sports
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo4e4-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.