The NBC Sports Strategic Insights & Analytics team works across sports content strategy and consumer insights to tell the story of the ''why'' and the ''what'' behind sports fandom and media consumption. The Senior Digital Research Analyst is a key member of the team, creating actionable performance analysis to support a diverse set of client groups, including Consumer Marketing, Programming/Scheduling, Finance, Sales Planning, and Digital teams. The role consists of developing insights across the NBC Sports portfolio, including the Olympics, Sunday Night Football, PGA TOUR, NASCAR, Notre Dame football, Triple Crown, IndyCar, FIFA World Cup, and Premier League.
• Provide topline and detailed analyses of the NBC Sports Digital audience, highlighting the cross-platform performance of NBC Sports Group and competitive sports networks across the digital landscape including coverage for weekend events.
• Collect, analyze and interpret Sports consumption data for recurring reports as well as ad hoc requests, highlighting the performance of NBC Sports Group properties and the broader sports landscape.
• Bring a fresh perspective to departmental daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting, helping to position analysis in a creative and concise manner.
• Build and synthesize data into dashboards that measure sports property health. Assist in forecasting future digital performance.
• Proactively contribute to analysis and creation of ongoing departmental projects and presentations. Collaborate with peers to ensure uniformity of departmental reporting standards
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members in the evaluation of new technology and systems to help modernize and streamline workflow.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Media, Communications, Statistics or related field
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in TV, Digital or Media Research
• Prior experience with digital measurement systems (Adobe Report Builder/Workspace, comScore) a must
• Overall understanding of Digital Media industry a must, including online, mobile, tablets and other emerging technologies
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with data visualization tools (DOMO, Tableau, Power BI) a strong plus
• Ability to analyze and summarize data, and to communicate findings clearly and concisely
(note job #)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Intellectual curiosity, analytical abilities and a passion for broadcast media
• Strategic thinker with a deep interest in media and analytics
• Experience with qualitative research, including focus groups, analyzing qualitative research and cultural analyses
• Team player and ability to work independently, handling multiple assignments at once in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable communicating both verbally and in writing to all levels within the organization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d812kx-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.