Coordinator, Broadcast Operations
This Sr. Content Creator will be responsible for writing original content regarding the key Golf news and events of the day as well as selected columns. He or she may also be responsible for producing Premier League and NASCAR content as well as overseeing the execution of content plans (including season-long, DFS and betting) for NASCAR and Premier League.
• Write original and insightful news posts on all the key Golf news and events of the day
• Write Golf articles covering DFS, betting and general news and events
• Provide analysis for Golf video. Distribute video via stories and social media.
• Work with Manager of College Sports and Golf to execute Golf content plan and schedule that includes season-long, DFS and betting
• Work with NASCAR and PL teams to ensure that those content plans are being executed properly
• As needed, provide written and video content for Premier League and NASCAR sections
• Monitor the conversation on social media by the community of fans commenting on news
• Work closely with additional NBC Sports EDGE writers and contributors (Golf, NASCAR, PL) on the site to ensure near around-the-clock coverage
• Maintain an active social media presence, promoting the relevant content you create and the content of the other writers on the team
• Keep an eye to the future and be ready to evolve into other areas like podcasts, Twitch, etc.
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in editorial environments
• Minimum two (2) years' digital media experience related to the Golf
• Understanding of social tools available on the web and how they can be applied to content
• Particular understanding and use of Twitter
• Extensive sports betting and DFS expertise and experience
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on nights, weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure, to meet deadlines, and multi-task
• Strong understanding of analytics, projections, modeling, etc.
• Experience with multiple content management systems
• Familiarity with AP style and the ability to create clean copy
• Strong comfort level with video and audio editorial presentation
• Team player who is comfortable working with those both above and below them
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11wnv-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.