Freelance Production Manager - NBC Sports
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 6-12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Production Manager position reports to the Director of Olympic & Studio Operations and will be responsible for managing NBC Sports & NBC Sports Network production projects in any of the three areas: On-site, home base and studio.
• Act as an effective communication conduit between Remote Operations Management, Production teams both in Studio and on remote
• The Production Manager works closely with Production and Talent and with the Broadcasts Technical Manager
• Handle all Production and Crew Travel Logistics across various NBC Sports group Properties
• Ensure all major milestones in production are met with crewing, budget forecast, location permits, release forms and beyond
• Learn to work in and navigate all internal Databases (not limited to financial and scheduling tools)
• Submit and process all vendor invoices through company database; compile and submit time sheets for both above and below the line freelance hires
• In partnership with Production and Tech Managers, draft and develop daily show schedules to ensure continuity throughout a given production for both studio-based broadcasts and on tandem with remote colleagues on-site.
• Responsible for day-to-day logistical needs of various assigned studio shows in the NBC Sports HQ
• Order on-site equipment rentals to assist with remote events as needed
• Maintain strong relationship with both independent vendors and internal partners
• Bachelor's degree in communications, business or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years' experience working on a production or related projects
• Proven understanding of the production process (start to finish) involved in Sports Television
• Proven knowledge of equipment and the equipment process as well as all procedures that are needed for various production projects
• Must have a proven ability to work effectively with persons at all levels within the internal organization and with those outside of the organization
• Must be willing to learn internal systems.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Willingness to travel, work late and across weekends, at times with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to handle multiple production projects at one time
• Must be flexible with last minute assignments as well as assignment changes
• Able to effectively and quickly problem solve and handle stressful and time sensitive situations during the production process
• Must be willing and able to partner and contribute to an inclusive and collaborative work environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3816q-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.