Freelance Production Assistant - NBC Sports Washington
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Production Assistants are responsible for assisting personnel in all phases of sports production for game-based pregame and postgame programming out of the NBC Sports Washington DC office.
• Accurately create, edit, and review all graphics needed in the show rundown
• Operate the graphics computer in a live control room environment
• Operate computer equipment that sets up the daily recording schedule
• Perform other studio/control room functions as needed including teleprompter
• Monitor news feeds and social media content for possible use on-air
• Secure video and audio footage to be used in live shows, packages and features.
• Assist in game day highlight operation (screening, logging, writing and editing guidance)
• Assist in postgame sound selection (screening, logging & communicating with production & digital staff)
• Perform statistical and data research
• Assist in copying and distributing scripts and rundowns
• Participate in all production meetings
• Support all phases of production for assigned shows
• Minimum of (1) one-year experience in television production
• Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience
• Thorough knowledge of sports
• Must be willing to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to work overtime with short notice as required
• Thorough knowledge of the Washington, DC sports market
• Solid editorial judgment and knowledge of industry style standards
• High level of initiative and ability to work independently
• Strong collaboration skills
• Detail orientation
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively in a pressurized live television environment
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Premiere, and iNEWS
• Experience with Zoom, Facebook Live, Microsoft Teams, Filezilla and Dropbox
• Desire to learn and improve, and grow
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d972bm-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.