Freelance Producer, Line (Olympic Games) - NBC Sports
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As a Producer, you will work with the production team to deliver live and same day delay event coverage during the Olympic Games.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Produce studio segments for the Olympic Games
• Prepare shows for broadcast, including but not limited to writing copy, formatting rundowns, ordering on-air graphic elements, and assisting commentators
• Oversee the creation of show elements, including b-roll, highlights, interviews, teases, and feature packages
• Work independently and/or as a member of a creative team
• Proactively offer and communicate new ideas to take the coverage forward
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or related field
• Minimum five (5) years' experience in sports production
• Have a deep knowledge of, and interest in, the Olympics
• Experience producing studio show for sports network
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, and ''go the extra mile'' under tight deadlines
• Ability to multitask and manage a variety of responsibilities on a day-to-day basis
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team
• Possess a high level of initiative
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite - Stamford, CT.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9vzz9-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.