The Producer will report to the Director, Studio Content and work on NBC Sports Chicago's linear programming including but not limited to live pregame and postgame shows for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks, and Chicago White Sox.
Duties include the production and execution of our studio shows and coordination with talent, creative, live events, studio, and production personnel.
• Preparation and execution of live and taped studio programming.
• Proactively pitch original, timely and innovative content ideas to staff
• Determine video and sound for segments.
• Thorough knowledge of Chicago and national sports required
• Coordinate with Creative department on art and graphics needed
• Execute all sales and promo initiatives
• Be aware of latest trends and storylines with Chicago teams
• Plan and execute best show possible and make timely and relevant content decisions
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
• At least one (3) three years working in a studio environment including being primary producer for shows
• Experience building show rundowns, and successfully communicating and executing live segments.
• Knowledge of Chicago and national sports.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in person in our Chicago studio
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment, preferably in a fast-paced newsroom and/or production company
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Thorough knowledge of Chicago sports.
• Passionate about sports and desire to bring the best to the production team every day.
• Proven ability to prioritize and make critical programming decisions under tight deadlines
• Ability to work effectively with both technical and editorial personnel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79qqq-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.