NBC Sports Washington is seeking a Multimedia Designer with a focus on graphic design, digital, social and presentation experience to join the Creative Services team. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Multimedia Designer will have a keen eye for design, modern graphic communications skills, a visual storytelling sense, and a strong interest in our brand. This is an opportunity to build the visual identity for the brand while focusing towards the future and to join a team of passionate content creators.
• Work closely with Creative Director in ideation and executing GFX packages for various projects
• Design & animate show and live event graphics packages (monitors, opens, lower thirds, transitions, bumps, boxes, billboards, snipes, etc.)
• Design and deploy packages/toolkits for short form multiplatform video
• Design and deploy sponsored promos, activations, campaigns and on-air elements
• Fulfill daily graphics and animations requests but not limited to: open animations, sponsor elements, show opens, social media graphics, team/sponsor logos, headshots, etc.
• Design graphics requested in a timely manner without sacrificing brand continuity or graphic quality.
• Manage distribution and deployment of graphics for shows
• Work closely with video on demand editors on content team on motion tool kits and upholding and maintaining branding guidelines
• Work with Marketing team to design marketing materials (print ads, one sheets, web banners, press kits, t-shirts, flyers, banners, billboards, LEDs, premiums, etc.)
• Set and keep the design standards of the artistic team at the highest possible level
• Design original logos, layouts and presentation decks
• Establish style guide and enforce brand identity across networks
• Liaise with Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, Washington Football team and other NBC Sports entities as necessary to ensure brand consistency and standards
• Manage projects from concept through production, asking for clarification and prioritization as needed
• Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree in Fine art, Graphic design or equivalent work experience
• Proficient with Adobe CC (strong Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects skills a must)
• Knowledge of multiple social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• Minimum 3 years of related professional work experience (i.e. Graphic Designer)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Minimum 3 years of experience in broadcast or agency environment
• Proficiency in editing and motion graphics
• Possess expert understanding of graphic design, print design and web design.
• Portfolio that covers design, motion design, typography and photo manipulation
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Washington DC
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV on www.nbcunicareers.com
• Self-starter with strong work ethic, positive attitude with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Exceptional organizational skills when dealing with high volumes of content (video, gfx, toolkits)
• Excellent communication skills to a range of stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills when dealing with high volumes of content (video, gfx, toolkits)
• Ability to work under tight deadlines in fast paced, high pressure environment, live TV environment
• Iterative learner – applies learnings to future projects and helps others do the same
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kon4-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.