- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Freelance Multi-Platform Producer – NBC Sports Northwest
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 - 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Multi-Platform Producer is a key contributor to the overall content strategy. This role is responsible for producing, writing, editing and posting sports content for NBC Sports Northwest and other digital media assets. This position will create, oversee and execute unique projects across all platforms and will help to develop and create unique brand experiences for local and regional fans.
• Produce write, edit and post stories (textual, photos, video and audio) to our digital properties utilizing a content management system and other digital tools
• Edit and post blogs, articles and videos created by our digital media reporters, on-air talent and contributors
• Proactively propose original, timely and innovative stories from platform agnostic perspective
• Produce and edit team and player video content for digital and social platforms.
• Assist Multiplatform Manager and other NBC Sports Northwest content leaders with editorial calendar including working with insiders to develop story ideas for given teams
• Copy editing content written by multiplatform creators, content miners, writers and reporters
• Report on various events (games, practices, etc.) and provide articles in a timely manner covering the key news/storylines of the day
• Provide strong editorial decision-making and innovative story/reporting approach towards unique content creation
• Promote content with journalistically accurate, creative, engaging and SEO-friendly headlines
• Proactively search for latest and relevant content around the web and social media platforms
• Actively participate in social media via FB, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms and promote content by devising engaging and creative social media posts
• BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years experience in news digital media (producer, editor, blogger), social media and managing web content
• Experience with and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite design programs such as Photoshop and Premiere
• Familiarity with modern web content management systems (Drupal CMS experience a plus)
• Proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with demonstrated knowledge of AP style and SEO best practices. Experience producing aggregated content and editing stories in fast-paced news environments a plus.
• Solid news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure.
Ability to operate camera and audio gear for field shoots.
• Knowledge of non-linear video editing techniques and visual storytelling
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite – including Photoshop, Premier and AfterEffects
• Previous experience operating Dejero or other live remote TV gear preferred.
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently as needed but also is able to work effectively within a team environment
• Strong knowledge of local and regional teams and general sports, and what content drives fan interest
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, holidays and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Portland, OR
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Knowledge of web, online video and mobile standards, best practices, design and usability principles, and constraints
• Ability to self-start, self-manage, meet deadlines and learn from mistakes
• Thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality or accuracy
• Possess a passion for storytelling, digital media and the sports business
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Innovative and creative thinker
• Extremely organized
• Proactive, positive, and reliable team player
• Must be detail-oriented and organized, and have a track record in multitasking effectively