NBC Sports Chicago is looking for a Manager of Studio Content to lead day-to-day production on NBC Sports Chicago properties. This role produces original video as well as works with partners across multi-platform, audio, Live Event and Programming to source engaging content. In addition to production, the Manager of Studio Content assists ad sales efforts by fulfilling mock requests and trafficking advertising campaigns and spot check the networks on a monthly basis. Preferred candidates will have a journalism background with experience in a sports newsroom. The Manager of Studio Content role requires extreme attention to detail and the ability to thrive in an independent, deadline-oriented setting.
• Coordinate and produce custom content for various platforms across linear and non-linear networks
• Produce original content for Chicago sports fans.
• Archive content in an organized, consistent manner
• Grow and develop production staff
• Minimum 4+ years of journalism and/or production experience
• Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
• Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently
• Must be able to work night and weekend hours
• BS/BA degree preferably in journalism, communications, or marketing
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS''
• Must be willing to work in Chicago
• Must be willing to submit to and clear a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered a candidate for this position
• Excellent attention to detail and copy-editing skills
• Ability to learn custom content management systems
• Deep knowledge of video file formats and the ability to export video deliverables to customized specifications
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Experience in broadcast newsrooms, local news or other news arena is a big plus
• Fluency in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ww91-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.