- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
BRS Golf Ltd, a division of NBC Sports Next, is an innovative technology company that powers solutions for golfers and golf courses to better connect. At BRS Golf our course management software and services help our Golf Course partners increase their rounds and revenue and manage their business operations. GolfNow is the world's largest online tee time marketplace, used by over 3.5 million golfers worldwide.
From our award-winning international HQ offices in Belfast, we are driving forward and reshaping an entire industry, building innovative new web based and mobile products, and assisting golf course operators to manage profitable and sustainable businesses across UK, EMEA and Australia.
We take pride in offering an exceptional team member experience with generous benefits and perks designed to offer financial security, support wellbeing and enhance work life balance. Learn more about working with BRS Golf via www.brsgolf.com/web/careers.
This is a great opportunity to advance your career and be a part of an exciting business with plans for significant future growth.
NBCUniversal seeks a Legal Counsel to support NBC Sports Next's international operations, with a primary focus on BRS Golf and GolfNow. This role will be preferably based in Belfast, Northern Ireland (hybrid working arrangements apply). However, suitably qualified candidates based in London who are willing to work primarily from NBC offices and with frequent travel to Belfast will also be considered.
Reporting to the SVP, Business & Legal Affairs, the position will serve as lead counsel in a variety of commercial, marketing and general corporate transactional matters.
• Advise clients on all issues pertaining to NBC SPORTS NEXT's digital and technology businesses operating in its international territories (EMEA & Australia), including GolfNow, BRS and SportsEngine
• Draft, negotiate and advise on a wide range of commercial contracts, including strategic partnerships, sponsorships, vendor & supplier agreements, and technology & software licensing agreements (MSA's, SAAS etc.)
• Counsel on the legal implications of emerging technology products and services, including compliance with laws in all relevant territories (e.g. data protection & privacy, consumer protection, digital services, and platform regulations).
• Support finance, sales and account management teams, including maintaining and updating standard business T&Cs, termination and dispute resolution advice, debt recovery, and responding to RFPs
• Advise on marketing and advertisements, including promotions, contests & sweepstakes, and other marketing initiatives
• Supporting the business on its growth strategy advising the business leaders on the exploration of acquisition targets in other territories and keeping abreast of the risks and opportunities in existing markets
• Act as liaison to NBCUniversal Law Department to obtain guidance on legal issues relating to Cyber Risk/Security, Data Protection & Privacy, Corporate Secretarial, Litigation, Intellectual Property, and other areas as required
• Manage external counsel in foreign territories appropriately and within budgets
• Qualified Solicitor (UK/ROI or similar jurisdiction)
• Minimum three (3) years of related experience post qualification
• Experienced in Commercial Contracts, Data Protection & Regulatory Compliance
• Experience of collaborating across multiple functions and operating within a wider matrixed environment and global context.
• Awareness of the application of Competition/Anti-trust law, Intellectual Property and Litigation
• Experience in Payments/Financial Service Regulation a plus
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
Additional skills and experience that would be desirable
• Experience in company with foreign subsidiaries in SAAS industry
• Ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles and be able to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent negotiation, communication, drafting, and research skills.
• Must be able to work independently with little oversight and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Superior project management and organizational skills; ability to handle and track a high volume workload.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under deadline.
• Good oral and written communicator and creative problem solver
• Media and e-commerce experience a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqek81-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.