Lead Software Engineer
New York, NY
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Lead Software Engineer to join our Customer Data Platform team. Our ideal Lead Software Engineer candidate has at least 5 years of technical experience in a collaborative team environment delivering scalable, secure, and highly available SaaS applications. In fulfilling the key areas of responsibility for the role, the successful candidate will;
• Develop highly interactive and developer friendly data platform libraries and integrations.
• Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy analytics and data integrations for their applications.
• Constantly use best practices by coding small, utilizing short lived branches, using feature toggles, building APIs, creating and maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously delivering by merging/releasing daily to the mainline branch.
• Lead and directly manage a small team of 1 to 3 Engineers.
• Perform 1-on-1's, give feedback, and facilitate tasks to direct reports.
• Mentor, support, and provide technical leadership to engineers and the team.
• Lead others in the completion of complex tasks/projects while also contributing as an individual engineer.
• Plan, design, and estimate software engineering efforts.
• Represent the technical perspective within the team's Triad meeting.
• Be active in shaping a culture of learning across the Product Development team
Our Technical Stack
• Angular, and TypeScript.
• Ruby on Rails web application framework.
• Git, MySQL, NoSQL, Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Serverless.
• 5 or more years professional experience.
• Skilled at aligning a team around a technical vision.
• Skilled to help others learn and grow in their careers.
• Driven, motivated, and committed to a team oriented culture.
• Considerable ability to create RESTful APIs with HTTP protocols.
• Considerable knowledge of event-driven microservices architecture.
• Familiarity with various data concepts and analytics platforms like Google Analytics, mParticle and Periscope.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience.
• Endless intellectual curiosity.
• Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
• Exhibits a deep respect for the craft, and values building software sustainably by using modern techniques and industry best practices.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx73q4-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.