Lead Software Engineer
New York, NY
NBC Sports Next, a division of NBC Universal, is hiring a Lead Software Engineer to join our FinTech team.
The FinTech group specializes in bringing the financial lifecycle of various NBC Sports properties together as one, across all of their payment processing and management needs. We extend these capabilities to outside services: youth sports organizations, subscription services, and golf facilities around the world. We provide only the best equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to know each day that you truly made a difference in the lives of sport participants around the world.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
• Develop highly interactive, user friendly, and feature rich applications.
• Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy applications.
• Constantly use best practices by building APIs, creating and maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously delivering by merging/releasing consistently to the mainline branch.
• Complete complex tasks from zero to minimal amount of oversight or supervision.
• Occasionally plan, design, and estimate software engineering efforts.
• Lead design and architecture discussions with other engineering teammates.
• Integrate with various systems in various environments and be responsible for the timely data flow transition of those integrated items.
• Work within and adhere to the architecture of other systems as well as programming languages that may differ from their typical set and comfort zone.
• Guide and contribute towards evolving the application architecture.
• Help others to learn and grow in their skills.
Our Technical Stack
• Angular (with TypeScript)
• Git, TFS
• MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL
• Linux, Windows
• Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Serverless
• 8 or more years professional software development experience in C#.
• 8 or more years professional software development experience in MS SQL or T-SQL equivalent.
• 3 or more years leading a software engineering team.
• Experience in a collaborative team environment delivering scalable, secure, and highly available SaaS applications
• Experience writing or working with various ETL processes.
• Experience working in a continuous integration environment.
• Ability to write high-quality, modular, maintainable, and secure code.
• Experience with testing best practices, including unit and integration tests.
• Ability to work well within a team environment and be self-starting and self-sufficient.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience.
Desired characteristics and experience:
• Experience with processing payments in a high-volume environment.
• Experience with payment facilitation integration (stripe / world pay).
• Experience with message broker software (ie RabbitMQ).
• Experience with .net core
• Experience with MySQL
• Experience with Ruby
• Experience with docker / kubernetes.
• Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
• Experience with RESTful APIs and HTTP protocols.
• Exhibits a deep respect for the craft, and values building software sustainably by using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• Experience breaking monoliths into domain specific micro services.
• Experience with object-oriented design, ability to apply software patterns, and consuming event-driven applications using REST APIs within a microservice architecture.
• Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with other teammates of different software disciplines and technical skill sets.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d816nk-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.