Digital Affiliate Editor, Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Golf content creator will be responsible for providing original content regarding the key Golf news and events of the day as well as selected columns, videos, podcast appearances, etc.
• Write original and insightful posts on all of the key Golf news and events of the day
• Cover breaking Golf news stories with quick, concise analysis
• Provide analysis for Golf video, both for live streams and video on demand. Distribute video via stories and social media.
• Be able to contribute both DFS and sports betting golf content.
• Be available for appearances on relevant podcasts. Distribute podcast via stories and social media.
• Monitor the conversation on the site by the community of fans commenting on news
• Work closely with additional Rotoworld writers and contributors on the site to ensure near around-the-clock coverage
• Maintain an active social media presence, promoting the relevant content you create and the content of the other writers on the team
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in editorial environments
• Minimum two (2) years' Internet experience related to Golf
• Understanding of social tools available on the web and how they can be applied to content
• Particular understanding and use of Twitter
• Extensive analytics expertise and experience
(note job #: )
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on nights, weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure, to meet deadlines, and multi-task
• Proficient at discerning story lines and analyzing stories
• Familiarity with HTML and/or web-authoring tools and software
• Familiarity with AP style and the ability to create clean copy
• Strong comfort level with video and audio editorial presentation
• Team player who is comfortable working with editors