We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Production Finance team collaborates with the Sports Production and Operations teams to budget, track and complete analysis on NBC Sports' programs. We work closely with FP&A and Controllership teams to fulfill Corporate reporting requirements, and provide meaningful insights on spending and cost trends to Leadership. As a Financial Analyst, you will play an integral role in the day-to-day management of Sports Production finances, including payment, tracking, budgeting, and forecasting.
• Active involvement with Production Budget processes:
• In-depth preparation of budgets for upcoming season
• Attend budget meetings, manage follow-up, work closely with Scheduling department to help build Staffing schedules and budgets
• Support financial planning and annual budget efforts: pacing and reporting, identifying risks and opportunities
• Actualizing production budgets and updating individual show models for accurate cost forecasting
• Ownership of accounts payable processes:
• Accurately code invoices
• Coordinate approvals
• Update operators and team members on payment status, and work with vendors as needed
• Ownership of assigned monthly quarterly closing processes, including journal entries, variance analysis, and post close financial reporting
• Participate in regular financial update meetings with operators
• Prepare and provide financial analyses to operators, as requested
• Ad hoc projects, as necessary
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• 1-3+ years of finance, accounting, or business analysis experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including familiarity with utilizing various formulas and functions
• Strong technical aptitude, including ability and desire to learn company systems and tools
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills. Able to transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and communicate them in a concise and compelling way
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships on a cross-functional team and partner with leaders in various business areas
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and adapt work style/processes in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with SAP, BPC, and BW preferred
• Background in accounting and close cycles
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzb923-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.