Freelance Feature Producer, Paralympics - NBC Sports
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 - 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Feature Producer will be responsible for producing and editing Paralympic Profiles.
• Research, pitch, and produce compelling athlete profiles and topical sports stories
• Interface with all levels of production personnel to ensure a seamless and extremely well organized production and post-production process
• Work with cinematographers in the field
• Edit elements and features using AVID
• Collaborate with AVID editors and oversee all aspects of post-production
• Support sales requests
• Gather and organize athlete content from partners and social media
• Produce a variety of Paralympic, Olympic, Sports, and non-sports projects if necessary
• Minimum five (5) years' experience in Sports Television Production
• Ability to balance multiple production projects at the same time
• Available to work flexible hours
• Proven profile/feature production experience
• Must be a team player
• Ability to produce pieces of the highest quality under extremely tight deadlines
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Position will be work from home until further notice. Applicants must be willing to work in Stamford, CT at a future date.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Familiarity with Paralympic athletes
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Strong storytelling skills and editorial judgment