The Fantasy Basketball content creator will be responsible for providing original content regarding the key NBA news and events of the day as well as selected columns, video and audio.
• Write original and insightful posts on all of the key NBA news and events of the day
• Cover breaking NBA news stories with quick, concise analysis
• Provide analysis for NBA news video, both for live streams and video on demand.
• Be available for appearances on the NBC Sports EDGE Roundball Stew podcast.
• Monitor the conversation on the site by the community of fans commenting on news
• Work closely with additional NBC Sports EDGE writers and contributors on the site to ensure near around-the-clock coverage
• Work with other writers on the free site, premium sections and big events (Free Agency, NBA Draft, playoffs, etc.)
• Contribute to our premium products in the form of articles, rankings and other analysis
• Be available for regularly scheduled live Q&As
• Maintain an active social media presence, promoting the relevant content you create and the content of the other writers on the team
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in editorial environments
• Minimum two (2) years' Internet experience related to fantasy basketball
• Understanding of social tools available on the web and how they can be applied to content
• Experience with video and podcasting
• Understanding of season-long fantasy and DFS
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on nights, weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure, to meet deadlines, and multi-task
• Strong understanding of analytics, projections, modeling, etc.
• Experience with multiple content management systems
• Familiarity with AP style and the ability to create clean copy
• Strong comfort level with video and audio editorial presentation
• Team player who is comfortable working with those both above and below them
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx99p-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.