Freelance Engineer - NBC Sports Washington
This position will cover the daytime or evening shift and responsibilities include:
• Work closely with all departments to help satisfy the technical needs of the facility and network.
• Acquisition, routing and quality control of incoming & outgoing feeds.
• Assist Content, Studio and Remote production staffs by providing Engineering support of live broadcasts.
• Assist in responding to and resolving IT/Desktop Hardware/Network/VOIP related issues.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Broadcast Engineering
• Associates Degree or practical equivalent in Management Information Systems, Electronics Engineering or Broadcast Digital Video
• Comprehensive knowledge of SDI broadcast video systems, AES and DANTE audio infrastructure
• Knowledge of wireless video, audio and communication systems
• Thorough knowledge of digital cameras, switching, audio, intercom, graphics and routing systems
• Experienced in satellite downlink and fiber transmission & receiving systems
• Knowledge of non-linear file based editing, workflow, file transcoding and storage systems
• Expertise in Broadcast and Newsroom computer/IT systems
• Understanding of all aspects of High Definition television, including encoders, decoders and other New Media applications
• Understanding of electronic, electrical, computer, networking and mechanical systems
• Ability to terminate and repair video, audio & data cables
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
• Candidate may be asked on occasion to cover another team member's shift
• Must be able to lift at least 25lbs
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Installation experience is desirable
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills are required
• Strong work ethic, motivated, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must
• Knowledge of iNews is a plus