The Director drives the creative and operational elements of our shows. Directors are also team leaders, role models, and mentors. They must always exhibit professionalism, authority, a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and consistently responsible behavior.
• Directors consult with Producers to learn their vision for each show.
• Using their knowledge and creativity, the Director will convey to Tech Managers, crew, Talent, and others as needed to build and accurately execute a clean show.
• Using Ross Overdrive automation, the Director will code the rundown, operate the automation, and call the show.
• Other responsibilities include camera blocking and framing, studio direction, as well as audio, playback, and lighting cues.
• Directors may be called upon to create new camera shots and ways to utilize the studios, produce billboards, build switcher and automation needs, attend meetings, and provide constructive feedback on operational issues as needed.
• Directors are also utilized in a 2nd control room Director role providing back-up coding assistance, countdowns, and other assistance during live shows.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience directing live, fast-paced news, talk and/or sports-oriented shows.
• Experience with Ross Overdrive or other automation systems is a significant plus.
• Strong ability to multi-task, integrating considerable production elements during both live and taped shows, including live shots, graphics, video, and cameras for air.
Proven ability to prioritize instantly, plan for contingencies, & keep pace with fast moving shows.
• Previous experience using Avid iNews, Kayenne or other GV switchers is preferred.
• Candidates should have experience working in a state-of-the-art facility, preferably using control room automation.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Ability to work effectively in high-pressure environment.
• Thorough knowledge of studio and control room operations.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required.
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment.
• Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including late nights, weekends and holidays.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kpxn-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.