Freelance Digital Video PA - NBC Sports
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Estimated hours weekly will be 30-40.
The Digital Video Production Assistant is part of the core video production team, reporting to the Supervising Producer, Digital. The role includes day-to-day producing and editing of original sports video and highlights for distribution across all of NBC Sports' digital platforms, with an emphasis on golf.
• Edit highlight packages in real time
• Clip segments from live golf events and GOLF Channel studio shows such as GOLF Today and GOLF Central.
• Respond to video requests from writers, producers, news desk, etc.
• Assist in the creation of sales/sponsored content.
• Produce and edit short features, highlight packages and sponsored videos for GolfChannel.com, GOLF Channel's social platforms and/or Golf Channel's YouTube channel.
• Proactively pitch and execute new original video concepts.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of sports
• Minimum one (1) years' work experience in television production, and/or digital media production
• Minimum one (1) years' experience working in an Avid editing environment
• Expert in Avid environment, edit while capture and Interplay, a shared edit environment
• Creatively proficient in Photoshop
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as schedule is based on the GOLF Channel & NBC Sports live event schedule
• This position is currently remote. However, all applicants must be willing to work out of the Stamford, CT location as we transition back on site.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Must have exhibited in past roles the willingness to provide a new approach to editorial process
• A true team player, who thrives on mentoring and teaching other team members technical and creative skills; an individual who thrives in a team-based culture
• Should be flexible and be able to work under deadline pressure
• Exhibits a passion for sports and sports media, including golf
• Strong knowledge of professional and college sports, athletes, teams, etc.
• Continue to develop skill sets needed to regularly and independently take on other positions and/or responsibilities associated with specific projects and/or shows
• Familiarity and/or previous experience working inside a television control room.
Experience working with, producing/directing on-air talent
Knowledge of pop-culture, digital/social video trends a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk9x2-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.