The DevSecOps Administrator role will be responsible for NBCSports Next Operations services infrastructure. This role will be critical in NBCSports Next to enhance our security posture. This position will require 24x7 support availability.
In this role you'll be responsible to ensure security, automation, and supportability into our system architecture. You'll be building and supporting automation business initiatives to enhance our compliance across multiple security frameworks.
• Contribute to developing an automation strategy for executing a comprehensive PCI DSS technical assessment program
• Work with internal teams to ensure security is shifted left in the build and design phase.
• Develop innovative solutions by implementing state of the art prevention, response, and detection capabilities.
• Drive innovation and automation to increase security of CI/CD pipelines.
• Excellent communication skills. This role will be working with domestic and international teams to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Work to achieve Security and Governance initiatives and strategy
• Maintain an active role in supporting and defining new security policies.
• Build relationships with team members, contractors, and vendors.
Must meet the minimum qualifications outlined below:
• 5+ years of Windows systems administration skills including patching and Active Directory
• 5+ years of Linux systems administration skills
• 2+ years of Cloud computing experience in one of AWS/Azure/GCP
• 2+ years supporting embedded security scanning in GitHub, GitLab, or other CI/CD tools
• Experience with Python web frameworks
• Experience with centralized logging stacks such as Splunk or Kibana
• Configuration Management experience with Ansible
Desired Qualifications are as follows:
• Experienced in DevOps principles and practices
• Infrastructure as Code experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
• Cloud orchestration tooling such as AWS Systems Manager; or equivalent in Azure or GCP
• Public Cloud experience in AWS, Azure or GCP; specifically: securing perimeters, IAM least privilege, preventing lateral movement, orchestrating zero-downtime patching, and security best practices
• Experience using WAF solutions such as AWS WAF, Cloudflare, Akamai Kona etc.
• Experience authoring and troubleshooting scripts in languages such as: PowerShell, Bash, Python, or Go.
• Experience demonstrating co-workers or contractors on security tasks
• Proficient in ticketing and work management solutions such as Jira and ServiceNow.
• Contributing to and using our GitHub Pull Request-centred development pipeline as we continuously deliver value to our customers.
Interested candidates must:
• Submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
• Fully Remote: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee's residence.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0644e-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.