Freelance Content Miner- NBC Sports Bay Area
NBC Sports Bay Area is hiring a freelance content miner to publish, write, edit and package compelling content, particularly on our social channels. This position will be responsible for using creative and innovative methods to post using a wide range of tools on NBC Sports Bay Area's social media accounts, website, and app. This position will report to the Senior Editor.
• Create timely, relevant written content in a fast-paced newsroom with constant deadlines
• Monitor news sources and identify buzzy stories, writing enticing headlines and ledes that are SEO friendly
• Craft language and package effectively on major social media platforms, especially on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook that draws traffic and followers
• Clip buzzy moments from games with proper captions using tools like Wildmoka
• Coordinate with colleagues on best practices for the display and distribution of content
• Participate in developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient workflow in a fast-paced content operation
• Execute and coordinate sold campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
• Properly prioritize production of content and ensure it's engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platforms
• Work with programming and production colleagues across all groups to execute editorial strategies and packages, while being aware of business and sales priorities
• BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field
• 2+ years working in a newsroom or related environment
• Proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with a strong knowledge of AP style and SEO. Experience producing content in a fast-paced news environment is a plus.
• Excellent news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience effectively working with corporate accounts a plus.
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also is able to work effectively within a team environment
• Strong knowledge of Bay Area teams and general sports, and what content drives fan interest
• Basic understanding of HTML and web video editing tools
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.