Provide front line broadcast engineering and technical support across five studios and eight control rooms. The main duties of this position are supporting all broadcast systems and technology within the Stamford Sports facility for day of air live programs, troubleshooting of broadcast hardware and systems, complying with computer security protocols as well as handling a project load including system design, integration and system commissioning. This job entails a broad combination of Maintenance and Project Management/System Engineering. The support needs span 7 days a week and at many points in the year are part of a 24x7 schedule.
• Perform system level troubleshooting of technical facilities, including, but not limited to, control rooms, studio equipment, audio equipment, and computer systems associated with those areas
• Perform preventative maintenance on studio, control room and core equipment
• Assist Studio Operations with control room and studio technical setup
• Interface with production and operations teams to implement technical solutions to meet production initiatives
• Perform equipment and systems software installation and updates.
• Repair and troubleshoot equipment to module level utilizing industry standard test equipment
• Manage projects, design facilities, and assist integration
• 3+ years of recent experience in a television broadcast environment or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Ability to read and understand system signal flow diagrams for television control room and studio facilities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Work well under the pressures of ''live'' television
• Hands-on, problem-solving skills with broadcast-related equipment and systems.
• Understanding of the urgent needs of the on-air sports environment; ability to stay focused and productive in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing assignments.
• Ability to support a 24x7 production environment (weekends, nights, holidays, etc.).
• Strong customer focus
• Must be a self-starter who is able to meet deadlines.
• The ability to work both alone and in a team environment with fellow engineers, operations, IT, and other departments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication as well as diplomacy skills
• Ability and willingness to learn new production technologies.
• Live production experience preferred.
• In-depth understanding of wireless audio and communication technologies.
• Experience with system design, documentation, and project management.
• Knowledge of computer server installation and maintenance.
• Extensive Knowledge of Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows platforms.
• Proficient in software-driven broadcast video equipment.
• Knowledge of 2110 video standards
• System Design, AutoCad, Project Management Experience
• Television production and workflow experience
• Experience with 1080P and 4K HDR
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT.
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wmk0-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.