This position is responsible for maintaining equipment & technical standards at a production and newsroom facility.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Associate Engineer is a full-time position within Engineering. The department is seeking an Associate Engineer to assist on daily preventative maintenance and troubleshooting, also aid with daily live studio productions support including quality control for incoming / outgoing ENG and truck game feeds. Candidate will work with a Broadcast System Engineer on problem solving of all equipment associated within a 24/7/365 television studio in the NY market.
The selected candidate will be aiding and learning to maintain studio equipment, our automated production control room systems, camera control systems, robotic cameras, remote ENG equipment, post-production, video playback and archive solutions, non-linear edit systems and IP distribution systems. Also working on implementing and removal of systems hardware in addition running new wiring within our mission-critical broadcast and enterprise IT environment at the studio, stadiums and remote facilities.
We are looking for ''a hands on'' associate engineer dedicated to help our business by supporting facility critical infrastructure and IT systems, projects and on new initiatives. Duties would include but are not limited to:
• Help perform daily studio and remote production related duties as required and assigned. Assist on troubleshooting and support within their ability.
• Support multiple daily live studio productions maintenance on studio, control room, and newsroom equipment.
• Act as quality control for incoming/outgoing ENG and game feeds
• Evaluate, test, and install upgrades to all platform operating systems, applications, and hardware.
• Take part on capital improvement projects, participate in the testing of new technology. Comprising of Evaluate, commission and training others of the new technology or operation procedure.
• Participate in the testing of new technology. Comprising of Evaluate, commission (Running new wiring and labels) also training with other engineers. Be taught new technology and studio operation procedures.
• Work ethic that is consistently professional, reliable and detail oriented.
• Associates degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a similar role with a media company, systems integrator, or other relevant industry.
• Ability to lift and carry 30+ pounds of gear.
• Knowledge of A/V file transcoding, data archiving processes and video compression technologies and standards a Plus.
• Some experience with supporting of a non-linear edit system such as Avid & the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
• Knowledge of IP/LAN infrastructures and Storage technology is a Plus.
• Knowledge of media workflow tools and production systems such as Vantage, Ross Overdrive, VizRT is a Plus.
• Understanding knowledge of SSL audio, Grass Valley switchers, Production automation, Evertz router, QC monitoring and intercom system a Plus.
• Ability to read and generate system drawing and documentation (Visio, ACAD) is a Plus.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in New York City.
• Willingness to work outside standard hours, including extra day or an early morning with short notice.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and occasional overnights.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Positive work ethic, ability to work well in groups to execute projects on time while meeting managers expectations.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse audiences across different departments, ranging from non-technical clients to technical professionals and operations staff.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34e54-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.