Media Operations Coordinator
The Assistant Manager on NBC Sports social media team is a point person for day-to-day oversight of the entire NBC Sports portfolio. The ideal candidate will help us in growing our social business, and carries an authentic passion for digital media and sports with initiative to join a creative and collaborative environment.
Loving sports is great, but loving the intersection of social media, technology, sports and pop culture is even more important.
While the Assistant Manager role will focus broadly on our entire social portfolio, the role will have a special focus on our Sunday Night Football and flagship NBC Sports accounts. It is a full-time position that can be remotely based.
• Own the day-to-day content creation and community management of our Sunday Night Football and NBC Sports flagship accounts on all social platforms
• Oversee the short and long-term content workflow and management for the portfolio of NBC Sports social brands
• Develop and maintain the year-round Sunday Night Football and NBC Sports sections of the social content calendar
• Assist social media leadership in setting priorities and allocating appropriate resources toward NBC Sports' company-wide priority events
• Lead and participate in in ideation and brainstorming of creative and promotional content for both owned and earned social media
• Collaborate with various parts of the larger NBC Sports team, including production, talent, consumer engagement and sales on cross-company efforts
• Distill and analyze trends and social data to advance the efficiency of social content
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Digital Media, or a related field
• Extensive knowledge of the sports landscape and a specific passion for pro football
• Experience and proficiency in design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
• Experience leading teams and delegating work across multiple stakeholders
• Basic knowledge of social data and how learnings can be applied
• Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience or related internships
(note job #: )
• Willing to work overtime and be flexible with hours as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Detail oriented and display strong organizational skills while managing multiple tasks
• Work well in a team, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
• The ability to multi-task and change direction quickly as the business requires it