Activations Specialist (Implementation) - NBC Sports Next
Our Activations team is responsible for activating technology and marketing solutions for our Partner Golf Courses to successfully run their businesses. This role performs a large variety of tasks, acting as both an industry and technology consultant in providing elite service. If you have a passion for helping people improve their businesses, this is a great job for you.
• Deliver client facing implementations of industry leading products
• Train end users on software procedures via phone, video conferencing, email, and chat
• Act as a business consultant with golf course managers, owners, staff and accountants to customize their software configuration for efficient technology implementations
• Professional communication to golf courses for all pre-activation needs
• Installation of server, client software, and hardware peripherals
• Perform minor network troubleshooting, when necessary
• Assist clients to perform data migration to ensure seamless software transitions
• Show initiative by making product suggestions or recommending improvements to processes
• Ability to manage multiple overlapping projects in parallel
• Show strong inter and cross departmental collaboration as needed to provide the best client experience
• Escalate issues to leadership, assisting and assuring solutions are implemented
• Document implementation information in Salesforce
• Diligent communication throughout activation process with the Project Manager, including post go-live follow up activities and hand off to support process
• Promote client retention through interactive demonstration of cloud-based tee sheets, booking engines, POS platforms, websites, and business intelligence services
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a technology organization
• Experience using Microsoft applications (e.g. Windows, Office, Excel, Teams)
• Strong background in customer service type settings
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to convey concepts and software functionality to an audience
• High energy and engaging personality with patience for all levels of technology users
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Experience in golf operations, retail, food and beverage, or accounting
• Proficiency using Microsoft applications including Windows Server, SQL Server, Windows Workstation, and Microsoft Office products
• Previous experience with Salesforce and Jira
• Working knowledge of basic network troubleshooting skills
• Advanced problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
• Willingness to work overtime as needed, including weekends, with flexibility
• Occasional travel may be required
• Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL.
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03478-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.