Senior Manager, Brand Marketing
New York, NY
This role is within the NBC News group and you should apply if you are analytical, detailed oriented and passionate about understanding consumers and how they engage across our digital platforms. Our team conducts primary research to support all phases of the product lifecycle – identifying opportunities, building products/solutions and tracking impact over time. Our goal is to assist our internal stakeholders including editorial, design, engineering, marketing, and strategy teams to make informed, user-centric decisions. The job reports to the Sr. Director of Insights.
• Support the Insights team through the execution of primary research, including designing and executing surveys, user tests, moderated interviews, focus groups and more.
• Work across all phases of projects, from research planning, creation of research materials (e.g. discussion guides), taking notes during interviews, assisting in workshops, independently analyzing qualitative interviews and data, creating reports/summaries including video clips and decks.
• Take direction and prioritize various projects from multiple team members.
• Work independently as well as part of a larger team. Work cross-functionally with other teams including design, product management, analytics and others.
• Along with team members, represent the voice of users to stakeholders across teams.
• Collaborate with Digital Insights team members to improve processes where necessary.
• Minimum one-year professional experience conducting
• Degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction,
Human Factors, Marketing, or relevant experience.
• Ability to both design research (write questionnaires,
discussion guides), analyze results and build
decks/summary documents. You have experience across
all phases of the research lifecycle.
• Experience analyzing quantitative data and qualitative
research and weaving them together to tell a story. Our
goal is to tell a story through data, not just present
numbers and charts.
• Experience working with digital products such as mobile
and OTT apps.
• Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Experience with research tools including SPSS,
Qualtrics, UserTesting.com preferred but not required.
• Strong and creative analytical thinker. You are always
curious and ask the right questions that lead to business
• Self-starter who can handle multiple projects at the same
time. You're comfortable in fast paced and changing
• Proactive communicator. You don't hesitate to raise
concerns or ask when you don't know something.
• Extremely detail-oriented and well as organized. You
understand the value of good documentation.