The News Production Engineering department is charged with supporting NBC News and all its subsidiaries and digital properties, including MSNBC and NBC News Now with Ingest, Editing, Archival and Playback operations in 30Rock and bureaus located Domestically and Internationally. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to work with a team or alone as a self-starter. They should understand deadlines and be able to deal with a flexible work schedule including holidays, weekends, evenings, and overtime. Candidate must be available for some travel (with a valid and active passport) to support other locations or field engineers with engineering duties as required.
• Work to identify workflow deficiencies inside News locations globally; research, develop and present plans to address.
• Interact with Field teams to develop efficiencies between the News desk, location-based engineers with field crews and engineers within NBC facilities.
• Work with the Projects team to help define projects, work on POC's, evaluate vendors and conduct evaluations of hardware and software with the engineering and operations teams.
• Work with integration teams to see a project to completion, which includes training of support teams.
• Work with support teams to help triage issues concerning both physical and virtual equipment, connections, storage, networking and compute.
• Support and train Engineers on complex troubleshooting of workflows environments on existing deployed solutions, new workflows and to maintain core competency of the engineering staff.
• Minimum 5 years' experience working within a large
television production company/network, live production or
• Extensive knowledge of Computer and Network systems
in both Physical/Virtual environments; Cisco, VMWare.
• Understanding of broadcast equipment and workflows; IP
routers, Distribution, Transcode and On-Air playback
• Candidate should possess an undergraduate degree in
broadcast technology or electrical engineering or
radio/TV/film or equivalent related experience.
• Demonstrate comprehension in all aspects of television
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the
• Must have a valid drivers license issued in the US.
• Experience with Cisco Networking tools and knowledge
of networking is preferred.
• Ability to script in Python is a plus.
• Ability to travel outside the continental US, preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnx4xm-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.