Commerce Insights Associate, Digital
New York, NY
Core team member for consumer-focused marketing communications for TODAY and DATELINE brands within the NBC News portfolio. Manage strategic marketing activities per brand, and partner with internal and external teams towards achieving branding and promotion goals across platforms. Contribute to DEI initiatives through development of marketing tactics.
• Work with the VP, Marketing on the development and execution of consumer-focused marketing activity including on-air, digital, audio, and other off-air marketing communications
• Build marketing plans to meet brand and project goals
• Partner with show producers to define promotion priorities
• Develop strategies to inform marketing plans and creative briefs
• Partner with cross-company colleagues (PR, local affiliate, content distribution, ad sales marketing, digital) to create and execute cohesive promotion plans
• Maintain relationships with counterparts across departments
• ''Connect the dots'' and serve as a facilitator of cross-team efforts
• Manage the creation of promotion assets to be used in various channels for brand promotion
• Identify new opportunities for brand promotion
• Serve as a brand ambassador, looking for ways to further brand goals
• Bring new ideas to the table to meet promotion goals
• Manage non-media support of cross company Symphony priorities (show integrations, digital content, social features, sweepstakes, etc.) and 1-to-1 partnerships, as they pertain to TODAY and Dateline.
Marketing Communication Development
• Responsible for seeing all campaign elements through execution and delivery
• Write creative briefs and brief teams to inform creative development
• Provide strategic creative feedback throughout creative development process
• Serve as the main point of contact for marketing department partners – creative team, show producers, production, media – as needed to facilitate execution and delivery
• Serve as a center of excellence for organization and communication
• Maintain and distribute daily/weekly prioritization and project documents (i.e.: morning snapshot, project timelines)
• Identify next steps to advance all projects forward on a consistent basis
• Provide leadership and direction over promotion priorities and media placements
• Oversee brand coordinator on all day-to-day responsibilities
DEI Project Support
• Work with VP, Marketing on News brand/talent involvement in cross-company and cross-division DEI campaigns
• Ideate ways for involvement and pitch ideas to News executives
• Execute green-lit ideas with shows/brands/talent
5+ years in similar marketing role, preferably in Media/Tech or agency (servicing Media/Entertainment clients)
• Organized and solution-oriented. You thrive on the
details and on moving things from initiation to completion
(drive a team toward next steps, move things through the
creative development process.)
• Eager to work in the fast-paced, ever-changing News
business. You are flexible, seamlessly adapting to new
information and changing timelines, and able to quickly
develop a smart plan and act on it.
• A highly collaborative leader with ability to succeed in a
team environment and a culture that is creatively driven.
• An excellent communicator. Can write a thoughtful
creative brief, clearly communicate your point of view,
and represent the POV of the team.
• Strategic. Uncover consumer insights from primary and
secondary research and translate them into marketing
strategies and communications that align with brand
• Understand market dynamics – especially in the digital
and OTT space – and distill them as appropriate to
develop informed marketing communications.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71nqp-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.