Software Engineer, Apps Engineering
This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the digital evolution of NBC News, one of the world's best known and most trusted news organizations. NBC News Digital is responsible for the websites, mobile apps, connected TV apps, and content tools that power the Today, MSNBC, NBC News and Telemundo Noticias brands. We are looking for an experienced technical leader to manage software engineers working on mobile and TV apps for NBC News Digital.
You have experience managing complex technical projects, and you are capable of strong technical thinking and decision making.
You've led and been a member of high performing teams with strong engineering practices. You release early and often and you've put the systems in place to do that safely and reliably. You know the business impact of your work. You are an excellent debugger of problems.
• Manage a team of software engineers working on native applications and the services that power them
• Partner with product managers, technical program managers and business stakeholders on a cross-functional team to drive projects forward, provide leadership, and communicate vision to the team.
• Be accountable for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex projects.
• Manage technical risk and promote responsible innovation.
• Hire the best talent for your team, set expectations, manage performance of your reports.
• Bring and support technical vision that aligns with product and business goals.
• Set goals and hit them.
• Collapse ambiguity and provide context for your reports to help them succeed.
• 8+ years experience in software development or related
• 2+ years recent experience of technical team
• Comfortable with a variety of languages and
frameworks, and willing to learn new ones.
• Successful track record of on time delivery of projects.
• Excellent debugger and problem solver.
• Thoughtful and compassionate leader.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with building teams and/or organizations,
including hiring and managing performance.