Sr. Manager, Product Analytics
New York, NY
NBC News Digital is creating the digital future for one of the world's best-known and most-trusted news organizations, featuring world-class brands including NBC News, MSNBC, and the TODAY show.
We are building and improving a suite of digital products including user experiences across web, mobile, and OTT devices, storytelling tools including news CMS and curation systems, and a platform to distribute that content to hundreds of millions of users.
We are seeking a Product Manager to shape the future of commerce for our rapidly expanding commerce businesses, Shop TODAY and NBC News Shopping. You'll develop a strategy and roadmap to empower our editorial team and improve the distribution and engagement with commerce content on-site and off-site. You'll be the trusted product partner for commerce business and editorial teams.
Ultimately, you'll help news consumers find products they love and that make their lives better.
You will fully own the prioritization and requirements of this critical part of our product roadmap. You'll partner with the commerce team to, for example:
• Develop and execute a product roadmap that empowers the explosive growth of our commerce businesses
• Evaluate affiliate partnership performance and develop a roadmap to improve our distribution and performance
• Evaluate on-site commerce opportunities to better develop 1st party user data and the checkout experience
• Empathize with readers' needs to better connect news consumers with content that is interesting to them
• Partner with identity and personalization experts to develop personalized solutions
You will lead initiatives that help us better serve users as well as further our business goals. You'll use qualitative and quantitative reasoning to prioritize and clearly communicate the product roadmap. The ideal candidate is curious, analytical, and has a knack for testing and optimization, with experience shipping product to a broad audience.
You won't be alone. You'll work cross-functionally with other product managers, UX designers, and qualitative and quantitative researchers to strategize and define the right experience for users. You'll actively engage with stakeholders including news editorial to understand their needs and incorporate that into product solutions.
You'll partner with our in-house development team to turn product ideas into reality for our users. You'll work especially closely with our Data Engineering team to leverage collected data and deliver meaningful experiences to users.
You have experience measuring success of products with product analytics and have incorporated A/B testing and other post-launch metrics into future product development.
• Establish shared vision across the team by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution, with a shared understanding of important OKRs/KPIs
• Own commerce product deliverables from inception to delivery. Use quantitative and qualitative reasoning to make the right product calls, then clearly define solutions and user experiences
• Work closely with editorial, marketing, and audience development teams to launch, manage and optimize new product features designed to acquire and engage users and grow loyalty
• Define user stories and requirements for user-facing features.
• Collaborate with the development team to understand development approach, prioritize future work, and plan sprints.
• Analyze data and identify opportunities to develop new features or communications that improve user acquisition and extend our reach on various platforms
• Collaborate with developers and designers in a cross-functional team to ship and iterate features and improve overall product performance according to business KPIs
• Foster an agile way of working, not for the sake of a fervent belief in a methodology, but because it will deliver outstanding results
• 4+ years experience in managing digital products, ideally
in an eCommerce, news, media, or B2C business
• An understanding of what's happening in media today
and more importantly, what will be happening tomorrow
• Great judgment and taste, but you also love your data
• Demonstrated ability to deliver detailed orientated work
without losing sight of the big picture
• Take your job seriously, but not yourself