- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Field Operations Engineering department is charged with supporting NBC News and all its subsidiaries and digital properties, including MSNBC and NBC News Now, with remote broadcast capabilities to cover all major news events worldwide. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to work with a team or alone under extreme conditions and deadlines and deal with a flexible work schedule including holidays, weekends, evenings, and overtime. Candidate must be available for overnight and/or overseas travel (with a valid and active passport) to natural disasters or conflict-ridden parts of the world, or otherwise hazardous locations as news warrants. The ideal candidate is interested in news and TV production and has room for future career growth in this business.
• Preparing all equipment and materials prior to a project or event. During events, participate in running cables, setting up equipment, and learning various aspects of the remote television production business. Assist with field repairs as necessary.
• Cable fabrication, rack preparation, and systems integration under an installation supervisor's direction. Interpret system drawings and understand signal flow.
• Performing first level troubleshooting on all broadcast and IT equipment that we support. Must be able to resolve basic maintenance issues.
• Ability to use (or learn) CAD or other drafting software to generate signal flow and single line drawings.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in TV production,
engineering, or local news.
• Candidate should possess a relevant undergraduate
degree in broadcast technology, radio/TV/film, or
• Must be computer savvy, work with both Mac and PC
operating systems, possess skills related to file-based
workflows, and a fundamental knowledge of IP routing
with emphasis on video and voice over IP systems.
• Experience with Cisco IP routing and other network
engineering tools is preferred.
• Must be willing to work in Long Island City, NY.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the
• Must have a valid drivers license issued in the US.
• Successful candidate will be required to join the NABET
Union if not already a member.