Remote / Virtual
Work in a fast-paced live broadcast operations environment supporting NBC News (including MSNBC and NBC News' digital properties) 24/7 Media Traffic Control (MTC) Group.
• Troubleshoot live production transmission systems for contribution remote feeds into 30 Rock.
• Partner with MTC, field operations, IT teams, and other maintenance teams, both within and outside 30 Rock for fast issue resolution.
• Manage vendors to ensure problem determination and resolution with hardware and software.
• Coordinate the maintenance and upkeep of live transmission systems inside 30 Rock, as well as other NBC News Bureau location.
• Manage system/workflow/process for Media Traffic Control, updating SOPs as technology driven workflows continue to evolve.
• Act as project manager, oversee contribution systems installations and upgrades as needed.
• Produce and help organize documentation related to system overview, configuration, policies, and procedures.
• Equipment testing and configuration as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Comprehensive understanding of live broadcast encoding/ decoding systems, compression technologies and applications.
• Knowledgeable and experienced with live compression IP transport systems and protocols (UDP, RTP, SRT, RIST, Zixi) as well as various error correction technologies and applications.
• Conceptual knowledge of TCP/IP, Cisco network infrastructure, routing techniques & IP Security concepts. CCNA Level Experience a plus.
• Experience with Windows and Linux operating system from a basic support standpoint. A+ Level certification a plus.
• Understanding of satellite RF systems, signal flow and video routing.
• Excellent troubleshooting, communication and documentation skills required.
• As we continue operating in a hybrid mode due to COVID-19 restrictions, candidate must be willing to work both from home and from our operations desk in 30 Rockefeller Center in New York City.
• Must be willing to work flexible schedules with late hours, weekends and/or holidays.
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment with other Engineering and Operations departments.
• Degree or certifications in related fields.
• Knowledge on various IT concepts and practices. Cloud and AWS experience a plus.
• Experience in a ''live'' broadcast environment
• Proficient in MS Office suite, and a working knowledge of either AutoCAD or MS Vizio.
• Understanding of broadcast remote control technologies/ communications (SNMP, SSH, API)
• Experience in project management (PMP or CSM certification a plus)
• Experience with basic level coding (HTML, XML, C#)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwn8v-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.