- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
The Field Operations Engineering department is charged with supporting NBC News and all its subsidiaries including MSNBC with remote broadcast capabilities to cover all major news events world-wide. Candidate for this position must be able to work alone or with a team under extreme conditions and deadlines and deal with a flexible work schedule including holidays, weekends and evenings and overtime. Candidate must be available for overnight and/or overseas travel to natural disasters or conflict ridden parts of the world, or otherwise hazardous locations.
- Plan and execute all technical support for major NBC News remotes worldwide including equipment procurement, complete logistical support, and personnel booking/scheduling consistent with budgetary guidelines.
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of Broadcast/IT infrastructure at all NBC News bureaus worldwide, including budget preparations, capital appropriations, and personnel training.
- Advise management and team on all issues relating to remote systems design, bureau re-design, and new equipment evaluations/industry trends.
Must be willing to perform the above duties overseas in under-developed countries and/or areas of military conflict. Must be willing to travel on short notice for extended periods.
- Associate degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering,
Bachelors degree recommended.
- Valid passport with no limitation on international travel
- Experience in managing represented employees
required, experience with NABET Local 11 work rules
- Minimum 10 years experience required as
maintenance/operations engineering manager at top-50
television station or network.
- Extensive documented success in the
planning/supervision of major television remote
productions, planning/design/implementation of digital
video/audio transmission facilities & non-linear editing
- Basic knowledge of IT systems, TCP/IP protocols, digital
satellite uplink systems, AVID non-linear editing systems,
and VoIP applications.
- Basic knowledge of financial planning principles including
cost/benefit analysis, payback period computations, and
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in Long Island City, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.