This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the digital evolution of the NBC News Group, specifically executing on mobile (iOS and Android) and OTT (e.g. Roku, tvOS, Android TV) products for News Group Digital. Candidates should have experience delivering consumer applications on major mobile and OTT platforms. Our teams build apps using many languages including Swift, Kotlin, and BrightScript.
As a Director of Engineering, you will partner with other technical leaders and cross-functionally to bring News Group Digital content to life on the web. You will be a significant influence on our product roadmap, bringing a technical and strategic perspective. You will be a steward of both our technical and overall culture. Your success will be measured by your ability to hit business goals, to grow our engineering team, to foster a positive working environment, and to advance our technical vision in alignment with business goals.
We are hiring with remote flexibility in multiple locations where our teams are based: New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Englewood Cliffs, NJ; Universal City, CA.
• Manage a team of 15+ software engineers (1-3 managers)
• Groom our future leaders and hire the best talent.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to drive projects forward, and to align our technical vision with product and business goals.
• Help shape our platform's technical vision and execute it.
• Manage technical risk and promote responsible innovation.
• Collapse ambiguity and provide context for your reports to help them succeed.
• Set the high-level technical roadmap and the quality standards for your domain.
• Be accountable for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
• BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or in a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
• 8+ years experience in software development or related field(s).
• 3+ years recent experience of technical leadership and people management. Experience managing managers.
• Successful track record of advancing technical vision while delivering on product efforts/initiatives with high quality.
• Able to demonstrate experience building teams and/or organizations, including hiring and managing performance.
• Thoughtful and compassionate leader.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $225,000-$250,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3b685-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.