As the Director, Design Production reporting the Senior Design Director for NBC News, TODAY, and MSNBC you will help direct a team of designers and define best practices in process and workflow. Often working under tight deadlines, and overseeing multiple projects at once, we are looking for a player/coach who can design and lead process. You will contribute strong conceptual ideas, executing them from inception to completion and managing other designers to craft broadcast, print, and digital communications.
• Direct team members and design work for NBC News, TODAY, and MSNBC properties.
• Working in partnership with the Senior Design Director and Creative Directors for each brand, lead conceptualization, design, and development of integrated television/digital marketing communications, sales/marketing materials, podcast art, presentation material, social, and navigational elements required to build the brand and drive tune-in.
• Help streamline processes/workflow, workload, and output across multiple designers.
• Have strong leadership and people management skills in order to assist in hiring, developing, inspiring, and motivating the design team.
• Lead and prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines.
• Manage photo shoots from start to finish, including choosing selects and overseeing retouching.
• Ensure that all of the organization's creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brand. Create strong style guides to facilitate consistency.
• Collaborate with other team members and key stakeholders across properties. Collaborate with Digital and On-air Design teams to ensure consistency between editorial and marketing.
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience, 5 years in a management role
• Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML5
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice (it's news)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY – at least 3 days per week in our 30 Rockefeller Plaza headquarters.
• A degree in a visual or experiential design discipline or equivalent professional experience.
• Five or more years of experience as a senior-level designer
• Ability to collaborate with teams to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan that will ensure they are met or exceeded.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders and internal team
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
• Knowledge of project management software (Workflow, Jira etc.) a plus
• Strong communication and organizational skills
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $115,000-$150,000. Bonus Eligible.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqz1xz-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.