As Creative Director, you will lead every aspect of the creative process for NBC News across all media to develop world class marketing communications. The ideal candidate will have a strong creative point-of-view, inspiring leadership skills, a collaborative spirit, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a command of broadcast and digital advertising and a passion for the news and our brand. NBC News properties for which you will be responsible for leading the development of marketing communications include: NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press, NBC News NOW, NBC News specials and cross platform content series, NBCNews.com and the NBC News app, NBC News Studios, and other NBC News products and properties.
• Drive ground-breaking creative for brand building and tactical tune-in by conceptualizing cross platform ideas with writers, producers, editors, graphic designers, the overall marketing team, and editorial stakeholders.
• Conceptualize and lead the development, writing, and production of high concept image advertising for marketing campaigns grounded in a strategic creative brief.
• Determine the look and feel of consumer-facing creative campaigns as well as marketing materials and other visual elements associated with projects under the group.
• Collaborate with all parties involved toward forming cohesive campaigns including copy, footage selection, photography, production, design, brand strategy, and media strategy and placement.
• Manage writers, producers, editors, preditors, graphic designers and production assistants
• Evaluate trends, assess new data, and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing techniques
• Supervise the NBC News creative group's daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets
• Set creative vision for and oversee production of photo shoots and video shoots, as well as for the design and integration of motion graphics.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online
to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with
short notice (it's news)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Master's degree in relevant field is desired but not
• Experience in developing network-level ad campaigns
• History of success in leading creative writing and
• Highly collaborative and creatively nurturing
• Detail-oriented and possessing demonstrated ability to
exercise independent judgment.
• Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask
and prioritize work
• Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
• Demonstrate initiative; be a self-starter and accountable
• Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, constantly
changing environment as a collaborative team player
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Great sense of typography and graphic motion design
• Working knowledge of Avid editing systems, PhotoShop
and After Effects