Sr Motion Graphics Designer
New York, NY
NBC News is seeking a Commerce Photo Editor to help manage visual content for its two shopping verticals, Shop TODAY and NBC News Shopping.
The Commerce Photo Editor will be responsible for overseeing the design and photo process for all commerce articles and their social media promotion. They will collaborate with the commerce editors to identify the best way to visually present an article and ultimately drive engagement and sales. The ideal candidate will have a mix of photography, graphic design and analytical skills with a firm understanding of the commerce editorial space.
• Create all visuals for TODAY.com/shop and NBCNews.com/shopping
• Work closely with the Associate Social Commerce Editor to design social graphics for Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Work with multiple stakeholders and execute assignments from commerce editors on a wide range of topics
• Create banners, logos, bugs and other miscellaneous branding needs for large events or commerce franchises (Gift Guides, Prime Day, Cyber Week, newsletters, etc.)
• Maintain and administer a centralized photo database
• 2+ of experience photo editing and design
• Experience as a photo editor/designer at a lifestyle
publisher a plus
• Experience as a photo editor/designer for a retail brand
• Photography experience a plus
• A portfolio that demonstrates an eye for storytelling,
concept, composition, color, etc.
• Willingness to work flexible days and hours and under
tight deadline pressure, including peak shopping
• Ability to work easily between multiple content and CMS
types to publish on deadline
• Ability to work on quick deadlines, alongside other
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.