The Video Producer will join National Geographic Partner's Video & Immersives team to create engaging short-form editorial content for National Geographic social accounts such as TikTok and Instagram . The producer will focus on topics that aligns with National Geographic's brand and editorial focus on science, history, animals, travel and health.
The Video Producer must have the ability to develop, produce,and edit content adapted to formats and editing styles authentic to social platforms.
They will be responsible for pieces ranging from quick-turn pieces responding to current event to long-range evergreen stories and features.
The position also requires strong collaboration with editorial staff, photo editors, photo and video contributors. Must have a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion and editorial integrity.
• Ability to collaborate with editorial staff to identify stories and develop pitches
• Well-defined editorial voice
• Keen eye for motion graphic design and a strong visual sensibility
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, AfterEffects, Media Encoder, Illustrator)
• Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and resourceful, with the ability to exercise independent judgement
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• 5+ years professional video production
• Previous experience and enthusiasm for social video content and audience on TikTok and Instagram.
• Familiarity with other social platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter/X
• Awareness of successful content creators for potential partnerships
• Bachelor's degree (strongly preferred in media production, video journalism or one of National Geographic's core subject areas)
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Television.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2e66y-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.