Project Manager, Integrated Operations (Nat Geo)
National Geographic is seeking a Project Manager to join our team. This role will act as the primary project manager for Integrated Operations, a team dedicated to supporting the day-to-day mechanisms of the business and stakeholders who create National Geographic's content and storytelling. Projects managed by this role will be diverse and varied, from supporting tech implementations to exploring strategic white space opportunities to managing day-to-day Facility & Service initiatives. This role will create structure and rigor around operational key initiatives with an eye toward efficient and productive collaboration.
Candidates should feel comfortable designing and managing project frameworks, tracking and managing progress against project-level and organizational-level KPIs, and negotiating timelines and deliverables with senior and occasionally executive-level colleagues. This will include building alignments between cross-functional teams around shared outcomes and managing competing priorities.
• Create project plans, timelines, and define deliverables.
• Own and manage project process to completion.
• Provide timely updates and manage expectations by regularly communicating project status, progress, and outcomes to key stakeholders including but not limited to: Operations, Content, Marketing, Technology, Insights & Analytics, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion teams.
• 3+ years professional experience in Project or Program management.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail.
• Strong process orientation with solid organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to switch between contexts frequently.
• Ability to keep a cool head under pressure.
• Track record of collaborating with a large and varied group of cross-functional partners to tackle ambiguous problems and make forward progress, building trust and influence between groups.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals.
• Proven track record of presenting to and influencing senior management.
• Proficiency in project management tools, content management systems, and analytics platforms.
• Passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion, inviting diverse perspectives, and promoting an inclusive work environment
• Experience in entertainment, media, or digital content organizations..
• Bachelor's degree, preferably with specializations in Marketing, Communications, Media/Journalism, Social Science, Design, or related fields.
• PMP Certification or similar is strongly preferred.
The hiring range for this position in Washington, DC is $92,800 to $124,400 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Television.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx25jq-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.